Our hydroflow Terrazzo Kit contains everything you need to make beautiful terrazzo homeware
FREE DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND
- Kit contains 1.75kg hydroflow plus 2 x 29.5ml acrylic pigments of your choice
- Water based & environmentally friendly
- No harsh chemicals, odourless and VOC free
- Easily pigmented using resi-TINT inks or other water based pigments
- Perfect for terrazzo coasters, platters, vases, planters, soap dishes and many other items
- Mixing containers & tools can be cleaned with water after use
- Can be de-moulded in less than 1 hour
resi-TINT Colour Chart
Brilliant Yellow, Flame Orange
Scarlet, Flame Red, Magic Magenta
Purple Rain, Violet Vigour
Sea Blue, Royal Blue, Turquoise, Marine Blue
Pine Green, Emerald Green, Lime Green
White, Light Grey, Dark Grey, Black
Making a hydroflow terrazzo pot and coaster
|Mix ratio||2.5 parts powder to 1 part liquid activator|
|Drying time||approx. 50 minutes, de-mould in 1 hour, can be sanded after 12 hours|
|Pot Life||10-20 minutes|
|Shelf life||6 months|
Use any water based pigment e.g. resi-TINT acrylic inks, acrylic paints or powdered tempura paints, any solid can be added such as sand, mica, quartzite, dried shards of hydroflow.
Making the shards
Mix and pigment the hydroflow as shown below and then spread thinly on a sheet of plastic / aluminium foil / cling film. Allow to dry then peel and crush by hand into the desired size and shape.
Adding the shards
Only add the shards into the mixture just before pouring.
When using the whole kit
Add colour to the hydroflow activator fluid before adding the powder. Add small amounts at a time and mix in stages until you have achieved a lump free consistency.
When using part of the kit
Pour the desired amount of hydroflow activator fluid into your mixing container. Add colour to the hydroflow activator fluid before adding the powder. Add 2.5 times the amount of powder to the fluid activator e.g. if you started with 100ml (100g) activator fluid then you should add 250g powder. 2.5:1 is the default mixing ratio, but this is not set in stone. You can adapt the ratio with less or more powder to obtain a thinner or thicker consistency to suit the application. If the mixture is too viscous and thick for your application simply add a little water (5-10% by weight), the activator is a water based emulsion and can be extended and diluted further to make it more fluid.
Once you have mixed to a creamy consistency you can top up the pigment addition to achieve a stronger colour shade.
Add the terrazzo shards, immediately pour into your mould and agitate to clear trapped air bubbles. Allow to harden in 40-50 minutes. The mould will feel warm, this is normal. De-mould after 1-2 hours.
Drying / De-moulding & Sanding
Allow 1 hour before de-moulding and 12 hours before sanding. Use a fine-medium grade sandpaper to expose the terrazzo shards, wet & dry sanding is particularly effective. Flush with clean water to remove dust.
- can be sanded using either dry or wet/dry sandpaper to expose any terrazzo aggregate
- is heat resistant up to 125°C surface contact temperature
- is porous and can be sealed by brush using hydroflow sealer or any acrylic/PVA sealer
hydroflow TERRAZZO KIT 1.75kg
- Brand: Eli-Chem
- Product Code: hydroflow Terrazzo Kit 1.75kg
- Availability: 49
£27.60 Including VAT