Sealrad is a flexible metallic laminate self inflating bag designed to seal cable ducts. It is completely tool free and easy to install.
Once Sealrad is wrapped around the cable, a natural reaction activated by squeezing one of its corners between two fingers produces a gas that inflates the bag. The inner pressure increases gradually, leaving the operator the time necessary for positioning of the Sealrad inside the duct, before the sealing action is completed.
The procedure of sealing cable ducts is necessary for the following reasons:-
- To protect metalwork and equipment against water or moisture penetration
- To provide safe working areas and conditions for operators
- To eliminate the risks associated with gases or dangerous fluid leaking into into the working area
Sealrad is suitable for PVC, PE or lead sheathed cables and plastic, metallic or concrete ducts. As the gas inflating the bag is completely safe, non hazardous and environmentally friendly, the removal operation is extremely simple. Sealrad can be deflated at any time by piercing the bag using a screwdriver or similar implement, then pulled out from the duct with a pair of pliers. No special storage measures or transportation restrictions.
- No tools required for installation (compressors or pressurised tanks)
- No pressure measurements or manometers are needed
- Proper function is independent of installer skill
- Suitable for sealing cable, water and gas ducts
60B - 60mm duct slow inflation
90A - 90mm duct fast inflation
Sealrad Self Inflating Duct Sealing System
- Brand: Eli-Chem
- Product Code: SRAD
- Availability: 182
£42.42 Including VAT